When running certain workloads in the Gala Node software, such as Last Expedition, you may be required to open a port in your firewall to allow the software to work properly.
Assumptions MadeThis article assumes you have the Gala Node Software installed and understand the information in the following articles:
Note: This article is for opening a port in a Windows computer's firewall; this is not the same as port forwarding. If you need to port forward, please read this article:
Configure Port Forwarding on a Router
1) Open the Windows search bar and locate Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security.
2) Locate Inbound Rules and select the game/workload that needs its rules configured. This example will use Last Expedition. Double-click it to continue.
3) Make sure your settings match what is shown below.
4) Select the Programs and Services tab and make sure your settings match what is shown below.
5) Select Advanced and ensure your settings match what is shown below.
6) Select the Scope tab and ensure the settings below match yours.
7) Enter the workload/game's specific port needs in the Protocols and Ports section. An example is in the Setup a Last Expedition Node article. The article asks you to open UDP Port 7777.
Make sure your settings are what's specified for the specific workload and then select Apply to finalize these settings.