This article covers what it means to mint an NFT and how you can mint from your Treasure Chest to their Gala Games and Entertainment wallet.
This article assumes you understand the information in the following articles:
NFTs held in a user’s Treasure Chest are a database item and can be written onto a blockchain once its owner pays minting fees. Minting an NFT refers to writing a database item onto a blockchain, allowing it to be traded across wallets. When you mint an NFT, it moves from the Treasure Chest to the Ethereum or GalaChain blockchain into a wallet you control.
To mint an NFT from the Treasure Chest to the Ethereum blockchain, please follow these steps:
1) Log into your account on the Gala Games website and click your username at the top right of the page. You can then click Inventory to continue.
2) Click on any NFT collection to view the NFTs held within it.
3) Select the NFT needing to be minted onto the Ethereum blockchain. To mint an NFT, it must say “Treasure Chest” under the name. In this example, the Common Gala Snow Globe will be used.
4) Choose the quantity desired to be minted, then select “Transfer Item”.
5) Once the quantity is selected and chosen for transfer, a confirmation page appears. On this page, users can see the NFT is transferring to Ethereum, the quantity being transferred, and the gas fee. Once ready the user can select “Transfer Item” and then enter their Transfer Code.
6) Upon successfully submitting the transfer request, a “Success!” prompt will appear. This process can take up to 24 hours to complete.
7) After the transfer completes, the NFT will reappear in the Inventory tab with “Ethereum” under the name, showing it is now on the blockchain.
If you would like to transfer this minted NFT to another wallet, you may review our article here:
If you run into any issues minting an NFTs or sending their minted NFTs to another wallet, you can send a ticket to Gala Support here: https://games.gala.com/contact-support