The article presents detailed instructions on downloading and installing the Discord computer/smartphone application.
This article assumes the reader understands the information in the following articles:
1) Type discord.com/download into a preferred web browser.
2) The following page will greet the user:
Discord for Windows may be downloaded at the top of the page by clicking on the "Download for Windows" button.
Note: The Discord application will only work on Windows 7 or higher.
2) For the rest of the available platforms (Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android), the user will have to scroll down to the Available Platforms section of the webpage.
3) Download the desired version of Discord and proceed with the installation process. For this article, the step-by-step guide is for the Windows platform.
1. At the top of the discord.com/download, click the Download for Windows button.
2. Locate the DiscordSetup.exe in the Downloads section of the web browser.
Launch the Discord installer by clicking on it.
3. From here, the Discord Installation Wizard will take over and complete the installation.
Now the setup is complete! It's time to create a new Discord account. To learn how, please proceed to the Discord account creation article.