This article presents detailed instructions on creating and securing a Discord account.
This article assumes the reader understands the information in the following articles:
1) Type https://discord.com/register into a preferred web browser.
2) Enter the requested information.
The user's email account.
An appropriate username.
Please see this article for password creation advice: Keeping Your Gala Games and Entertainment Account Secure.
Date of Birth
The user's date of birth.
Terms of Service and Privacy
Click on Continue.
3) The next step is to verify the account's email address. Navigate to the entered email inbox and look for Verify Email Address for Discord.
The email itself will look similar to the one below:
Click on the "Verify Email" button, and the browser will redirect to the following page.
4) Now, a user can set up Two Factor Authentication (2FA).
Once on the Discord page, locate the cogwheel in the bottom left corner.
The following window will appear.
At the bottom of the page, click on Enable Two-Factor Auth.
5) Next, enter the Discord account's password.
The following prompt window will appear.
Next, a user will need to download one of the following apps on their smartphone:
Once the app is loaded, the user may follow the instructions below.
1. The screen below will appear if this is a fresh download of the authentication application.
2. This screen will differ between different authenticators. However, all of the apps generally have the same options and utility. The first option below is to scan a QR code. This option will activate the device's camera to scan the QR code shown in the previous step and automatically add the application information. If a camera is unavailable, entering a setup key is available. An example of this key is shown below:
3. After scanning or entering the setup key. This screen will appear in the app of your choosing. The white text above shows the application the 2FA code is for (in this case, it is Gala Games and Entertainment Account) and the email it is associated with. This helps users manage multiple accounts for the same application since each code is specifically tied to the setup key generated.
4. After adding 2FA to the selected application, enter the code generated in the application. Once the code is in, click the "Activate" button.
Note: For a better Discord experience, the user may download the Discord desktop application by following this guide.