This article explains how to add the $GALA token to MetaMask on the Ethereum Network.
Note: The user assumes all risk and responsibility for the use of this third-party wallet and any other similar wallet.
Knowing how to add $GALA to MetaMask is important for using $GALA on decentralized exchanges such as Uniswap and OpenSea. MetaMask allows users to interact with web pages that use the Ethereum blockchain, and it conducts transactions in a fast, secure way. Following this tutorial will allow a user to see their $GALA balance in MetaMask and send it from their wallet as well.
This article assumes the reader knows:
1) Open MetaMask by clicking the fox icon. After putting in the password, it will unlock the wallet and show this screen below.
2) Scroll down in the MetaMask window and click the Import tokens button. This can only be done if the wallet is open to the Tokens tab, as shown in the below screenshot.
3) The search token option will appear as default. Click the Custom Token tab as shown below.
4) Paste the $GALA contract address in the "Token Contract Address". The contract address is: 0xd1d2Eb1B1e90B638588728b4130137D262C87cae
Once this shows the $GALA token symbol, click Next.
5) After clicking next, MetaMask will show the balance of $GALA in MetaMask’s Ethereum wallet. Click Import.
6) After clicking Import, MetaMask will now always show the $GALA balance of the wallet. This balance can be seen by scrolling down in the Tokens tab. Clicking the $GALA balance will show the Send, and Swap feature. Send will allow a user to send $GALA to another wallet. Swap will allow a user to swap their token with cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum.