Players may sometimes experience different errors when trying to play Common Ground World. This article provides solutions to several of these common problems.
This article also assumes the user has fully completed the Gala Games account signup process.
This article assumes the reader understands the information in the following articles:
1) If a user is unable to load Common Ground World (0% loading), please try the following basic troubleshooting steps below:
Clear the cache of the web browser being used to play Common Ground World. The example below explains how to do it in Google Chrome:
1a) Click on the three dotted lines in the upper-right corner of the web browser.
1b) Select History.
1c) From the left-hand menu, choose Clear Browsing Data. The Time Range should be set to All Time. Mark the boxes next to Cookies and other site data, and Cached images and files, then choose Clear Data.
The shortcuts for these functions are:
For Windows, use Ctrl + Shift + Delete
For MacOS, use CMD + Shift + R
1d. Close and reopen the browser; please make sure to close all tabs completely. Navigate back to Common Ground World to see if the issue is resolved.
2) Restart the device Common Ground World is being played on. This is a common solution to the issue if a web browser refuses to load the game correctly.
3) If a user is using the Brave Web Browser, changing the following setting may also fix loading issues.
3a) The “Brave Shield” built into the Brave Web Browser can prevent Common Ground World from running correctly. Click the Brave icon as shown below to see if Brave Shield is running.
3b) If it shows that the “Shields are UP for app.gala.games”, click the button shown below to turn off the shield.
Doing this will cause the website to refresh automatically.
Once the website refreshes, Common Ground World should load successfully.
4) Users can run into issues where they may be presented with a white or black screen when loading the game or functions, such as trading, stop working.
If this happens, follow the troubleshooting steps below:
4a) Clear the web browser's cache as shown in step 1. This includes closing the browser and making sure all tabs are closed.
4b) Navigate to https://games.gala.com instead of refreshing the game. If the in-game auto-trade is not working, try manual selling once to trigger it to sell again.
5) When a user sells items, they may get incorrect points or cash for them, or if they construct a building, it does not cost them any money. When this happens, try the following steps below.
5a) Clear the web browser's cache as shown in the beginning tutorial.
5b) Turn off all scripts before trying again.
Do you have a Common Ground World issue not listed above? Get help by entering a support ticket from a Gala Games account. Follow this link to learn more: How to Submit a Support Ticket
Want to learn more about Common Ground World? Join the discord by following this link: http://galagames.chat
A whole community around Common Ground World will be able to give advice and tips on how to play and learn the game!