This article explains how you can send $GALA [ETH] to another wallet.
This article assumes you understand the information in the following articles:
Note: This tutorial is for $GALA on the Ethereum Network only. Please search for the relevant article to send $GALA to any other supported chain.
1) Log into your account on the Gala Games website and click your username at the top right of the page. You can then click Inventory to continue.
2) Click $GALA[ETH] under balances.
3) Click Send $GALA[ETH]
4) Input the amount desired in the Amount box:
5) Paste the receiving address into the To box (or scan the QR code with a smartphone.) Users can also spend more Ethereum to speed up the transaction. Remember, this is for $GALA only on the Ethereum network.
6) After double-checking to ensure the address and amount are correct, click Continue.
7) A prompt will require the account’s Transfer Code to proceed, a password that users make in the account creation process.
8) The sending process may take some time due to the Ethereum Network; the status can always be checked by going to a site such as etherscan.io and inputting an account’s $GALA address in the search bar.
What are Some Reasons $GALA is Not Sending?
1. The first and most common reason that $GALA doesn’t send is that the Ethereum balance inside an account’s wallet is insufficient to allow the transaction to go through.
It’s always a good idea to have substantially more Ethereum than is required for the transaction. For example, the transaction might estimate it needs 0.008 Ethereum, but the miner fee might cost closer to 0.012.
Try to keep a balance “cushion” of Ethereum in your account so that this common problem does not happen.
2. An account’s transfer code may have been inputted incorrectly. Double-check and know the difference between Password, Transfer Code, and Seed Phrase. They are three separate but essential things to keep safe.
3. The Ethereum network is congested.
One solution to this is to wait and try again later. The Ethereum Network controls the speed of a transaction, not Gala Games and Entertainment.
Another solution, although more complex, is to import an account’s seed phrase to another wallet, such as MetaMask, to have more control over how much of an Ethereum gas fee you’re willing to pay for transactions.