This article is a step-by-step guide on setting up 2FA for a Gala Games and Entertainment Account.
This article assumes you understand the information in the following articles:
Sign Up for a Gala Games and Entertainment Account
This article also assumes you have a phone capable of running a 2 Factor Authentication application such as Google Authenticator.
2 Factor Authentication (2FA) is an electronic method of authentication that requires you to present two pieces of evidence (Factors) in order to access your Gala Games and Entertainment account and/or authorize certain actions and transactions within it.
Gala Games and Entertainment utilizes a Time-based One-time Password. This gives an extra layer of security in case someone gets hold of your regular account password. It makes it much harder for someone to hack into your account because they would need two things: your account password and the changing password/code from your phone or app (the 2FA code). This makes your account more secure overall.
Note: You assume all risk and responsibility for the use of any 3rd party authenticator.
1) When you log into your Gala Games and Entertainment account, a prompt such as the one below may appear. Click Set up Now to continue.
1a) If the prompt does not appear, log into your Gala Games account and click your display photo found in the top right of the website. Once the menu pops up, click Account.
1b) In the Settings menu under the Security section, click Two-Factor Authentication.
2) Choose one of the following authenticator applications to run on a phone. Once it is downloaded click continue.
3) After clicking continue, go into your authentication app and scan the QR code shown on the screen. This code is different for every user. Please be sure to save the backup phrase by clicking the copy button under the QR code and saving it in a safe location.
3a) These steps show how to add the authenticator to your device. In this example, Google Authenticator will be used. There will be two different screens you may see.
The screen below will appear if this is a fresh download of an authentication application.
This screen will differ between authentication options, but they generally have the same options. The first option below is to scan a QR code. This option will use your device’s camera to scan the QR code shown in the previous step and will automatically add the information to the application. If a camera is unavailable, the option to enter a setup key is available. An example of this key is shown below:
3b) After scanning or entering the setup key. This will appear in the app of your choosing. The text above shows the application the 2FA code is for (in this case it is Gala Games and Entertainment) and the email it is associated with. The account’s email that was used to set up the 2FA will be shown after. This helps users manage multiple accounts for the same application, since each code is specifically tied to the setup key generated.
4) After adding 2FA to the selected application, enter the code generated in the application. After entering the displayed 6 digit code, click the enable button.
Note: The system requires the entry of the code within the provided timeframe.
5) Once 2FA is enabled, a user can customize when and where 2FA should be required. This information is under the same Two Factor Authentication tab in Account Settings as what is used to set up 2FA.
Users can require 2FA for the following:
After selecting the options desired, click Update to allow these changes to become active.